Call for Satellite Symposia
The International Association for Adolescent Health invites proposals for satellite symposia to be conducted in conjunction with the 11th World Congress on Adolescent Health, 27-29 October, 2017, New Delhi, India. It is expected that the Congress will attract approximately 1000+ international and national participants who will be mainly researchers, clinicians, policy makers, program managers and young people seeking to learn about cutting-edge research and to share ideas and experiences about policies and programmes for adolescent health and development.
Proposals for satellite symposia must be consistent with the objectives of the Congress and of IAAH, and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until all available time slots are filled. The following time slots are open for holding Satellite Symposia on the conference days:
|Symposium Type||27th October,2017
|28th October 2017
|30th October 2017
|Early Morning Symposium (USD 5,500)||07:30 AM – 09:00AM||07:30 AM – 09:00 AM||07:30 AM – 09:00 AM||07:30 AM – 09:00 AM|
|Half-day Morning Symposium (USD 6,500) without lunch||-||-||-||09:30 AM - 12.30 PM|
|Half-Day Afternoon Symposium (USD 7,750) with lunch||-||-||-||02.00 PM – 05.00 PM|
|Full-Day Symposium (USD 10,500) with lunch||-||-||-||-|
|Evening Symposium (USD 5,500)||05:30 – 07:00 PM||NA||05:30 – 07:00 PM||NA|
Note: No official satellite events will take place on Day Zero (Thursday 26th) because of Skills Building Workshops will take place that day.
- Organisers of the official Satellite Symposia should follow the standards/ rules of the International Paediatric Association, which have been adopted by the IAAH 2017 Congress, regarding the organisation and advertisement of their event. http://ipa-world.org/uploadedbyfck/IPA%20Guidelines%20for%20relationships%20with%20Industry_updated%20May'14.pdf
- All Satellite events taking place inside the Congress Venue during the period of the Congress will be official Satellite Symposia and should be approved by the Congress Organisers; those taking place outside can be organized freely by the supporting institutions/ organisations but will neither be mentioned in the Congress Programme nor on the Congress Website as they are not officially sanctioned by the Congress Organisers.
- Participants will not be charged a fee for attending an official Satellite Symposium.
- Meeting room with space for up to 50 participants if seated classroom style. Satellite Symposia will be held in a room separate from the main conference room.
- Tea & Snacks will be provided by the Congress Organisers during Symposium.
- Basic audio-visual package includes screen, projector, computer, laser pointer, sound system with microphone.
- IAAH Point of Contact to help the organisers of the Satellite Symposia with planning and coordination
- Advertisement on the Congress’ website http://www.iaah2017congress.org
- Listed in the Congress Programme
How to Submit a Proposal
- Applications must be submitted by 30th September 2017 in the prescribed format (Annexure – I)
- Applications will be received electronically through email firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants will receive an acknowledgement of their application within 2 working days of its receipt.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Congress Organisers and requesting institutions/ organisations will be notified accordingly within two weeks of the confirmation of receipt of the application.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:
- Proposers will be required to initiate payment within 14 days of acceptance of the application, or the acceptance will lapse.
Application for Satellite Symposium
|Contact Title and Name*:|
|Preferred day/time slot*: (Choice of up to 5 in descending order of preference)|
|Abstract-style summary of program content*:|
|Title, Name, affiliation, and complete contact information of Symposia Coordinator/ Chair*:|
|Names and affiliations, of Symposium Speakers:|
Reminder: Incomplete applications will not be processed